Supplementary GP Services and contact Details
Request Medical Help
NHS Walk-in Centres for minor injuries and ailments are located at Ashford Hospital (open 8.00am – 10.00pm last Admission 9.30pm. No children under two years after 8.00pm) in Woking (Tel: 01483 715911 ext 6209) and Weybridge (Tel: 01932 826013). A minor injuries unit at Walton-on-Thames Hospital can be contacted on 01932 220060.
The Ashford Walk-in Centre will deal with:
• Cuts that need stitching or dressing and other minor injuries
• Sprains and strains of muscles and joints
• Minor bone fractures, for example broken ankles or wrists
• Women’s health problems such as thrush and menstrual problems, Hay fever, bites and stings
• Removal of foreign bodies, eg small objects from children’s noses.
• Minor burns and scalds
• Minor head injuries in adults under 65 years
• Coughs, colds and flu-like conditions that have not responded to self-treatment
• Skin complaints such as rashes, sunburn, head lice, nappy rash
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
Call 111 if:
• You need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency
• You think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
• You don’t know who to call or you don’t have a GP to call
• You need health information or reassurance about what to do next
For immediate, life-threatening emergencies, continue to call 999.
Visit your Pharmacy
The Community Pharmacy service (CPCS) enables NHS patients to see a community pharmacist when they have a minor illness or need an ’emergency supply’ of a medicine without seeing a doctor first. To use the service call NHS 111 and ask to be referred.
For further information click on the link: CPCS . Alternatively you can simple ask your pharmacist for help and advice too.
Surrey NHS 111 Service
Dial 111 at anytime to access doctors, nurse, pharmacists, mental health, dental nurses and paramedics for urgent but not emergency medical help.
Urgent Treatment Centre at St Peters Hospital
The UTC treats all minor illnesses and injuries requiring immediate care, where patients do not need care in an A&E department. Open 8am to 2am with GP’s available. You can call NHS 111 for an appointment or just turn up.
Ashford walk in Centre
Provide a wide range of services aimed at the treatment of minor injuries/ illness, as well as the improvement of the health and well-being of the local community. Open 8am to 8pm every day. Just turn up or call 01784 884 000 .
Published on 17 September 2023